Goto http://www.stucuk.netGoto http://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto http://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Collective 2.0.5.12 Bug Report
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:31 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Greetings,
I'm sure you're (not) glad to see me post here once again. Now that we have that out of the way, here's the bugs/problems with OW. Posting this here since I never get any replies on the bug tracker.

Arab Interface Lag/Delay 2.0.5.12 DD Only

Reported multiple times; arab interface is lagging in selection/deselection of units in Direct Draw. Surprisingly US and RU interfaces do not have this bug.
Will this ever get fixed?

Bastard Pass - Unloyal reinforcements problem.

If setting the Un-loyal reinforcements option in this game, by default, the reinforcements will be hostile (and shoot) towards the players UNTIL they are approached, by which time they change sides.

Suggested fix: Set the reinforcements side to NEUTRAL/ALLY vs. the players.

Flags (S Version) Teams

This map has 8 teams. In the past we have decucted to reduce the number of teams to 4 to prevent screen overflow

Slight Colour problem on OGL

Was discussed in the past, nothing done about it.
A nice feature in DD allows you to add characters in PINK to your nickname by writing it like so

ASDF -> ASDF
AS|DF -> ASDF

This does not work in OGL, in general, this colour is not displayed in OGL at all. Whether it is in the nickname or the OW interface

Bastard Pass - Resources in Secondary Base

Reported way back in 2011, supposedly fixed by Radzio I think it was.
On rare occasions, Oil/Siberium sources spawn so close to the Depot that it is impossible to build Oil/Siberium extractors. Map chooses not to spawn the building either

RU12 - Russian Side, Medal Issue

One of the medals not awarded, saying the player could have taken some of the bases without the use of force
Reported Over and Over and Over and Over again - not fixed.

No problems on 1.09, 1.10b, 1.11 on - bugged.

I took the mission code from 1.09/1.10b and used it in 2.0.5.12 - bug still present. This is a result of some code change, I suggest you deal with this one Stucuk as no mission code script is responsible for this bug.

Easier workaround for McBenn is to create a simple statement for awarding this medal.
If Sides(Yellow OR Orange OR White) turn Hostile, then DON'T Award medal - Simple.

The Abbys _S - Missing game modes

The 4 teams mode on this map is new, which is a nice surprise, map also works (in a way that it does not desync). However both modes used in the original map are missing, both were combined command

The Abbys _S - Build time

Did anybody even test this map? Build time is bugged, map unplayable unless it is disabled.

Now some bugs out of the way here are some improvements I propose:

Go back to 1.10b Style IRC

Go back to using PINK for IRC Mod/Admin, Black for OWP and Grey for IRC User.

Sort out Map clutter

The 'S' maps added a lot of clutter to the map selection. Suggested fix is to sort them like so:

Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map_S 1
Map_S 2
Map_S 3

You get the idea. Would be nice if they were colour coded as well, i.e. Black for normal maps, Grey for S Maps

Issues I've mentioned are the most annoying when using OW, the rest of the bugs are mentioned in the Bug tracker.

Post subject: Re: Collective 2.0.5.12 Bug Report
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:25 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

The way i work is the following. I look into every bug. If i can't fix it within a few hours and its deemed not important it gets left on the back burner for later. If it is important i spend more time. But eventually i will put it on the backburner if i can't find a solution.

The Arab UI thing will be caused by the fact that DD doesn't re-draw stuff each frame. It only does it when it thinks something has changed. It will just be a visual error which doesn't impact gameplay in any real way. With OpenGL the entire menu is re-drawn each frame, so you can never have this kind of issue. Direct Draw renderer only exists as a fallback for people who can't use OpenGL one for whatever reason.

The pink text thing i did try and fix, some code was fixed but there seems to be something else blocking it. Pink text in names is never going to be a major priority.... Im not spending days fixing pink text when there are more important things to work on.

Quote:
The Abbys _S - Missing game modes

Its not missing anything. As i have stated before on this forum the _S maps are "Simple" variants. They are standard Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch using identical code for each _S map with no unique per map modes/etc. The concept being to have it so you get the same level of reliability on each map which is part of the _S family (As in if one map has low Sync Lost all should).

Quote:
The Abbys _S - Build time
Did anybody even test this map? Build time is bugged, map unplayable unless it is disabled.

I asked people to test the _S maps but hardly anyone did.

Quote:
I took the mission code from 1.09/1.10b and used it in 2.0.5.12 - bug still present. This is a result of some code change, I suggest you deal with this one Stucuk as no mission code script is responsible for this bug.

Nothing has ever changed in the engine in re-guards to medals.... Its all handled by the map.....

Quote:
Flags (S Version) Teams
This map has 8 teams. In the past we have decucted to reduce the number of teams to 4 to prevent screen overflow

What do you mean by overflow?