Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.comGoto https://www.owsupport.com
It is currently Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Font
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:29 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Hi everybody.

Is it possible to change the in-game font? If so, how do i do that?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Font
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:57 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

You can use parameters to set the font (By creating a shortcut).

-fontname Verdana
-fontfile verdana.ttf

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:15 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Thank you.
Can I do this for the whole game or should I insert these lines in every single text reference in the luas?
Also, should the ttf file be in the game directory or in Windows?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:51 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

moddernoob Wrote:
Thank you.
Can I do this for the whole game or should I insert these lines in every single text reference in the luas?
Also, should the ttf file be in the game directory or in Windows?

Its not a lua thing. Its command line parameters you can put into a shortcut. I think the fontfile is just for loading a font from the directory as some people never had the font in Windows. I think you may be able to get away with just using -fontname .

- https://superuser.com/questions/29569/how-to-add-command-line-options-to-shortcut

I could be wrong (Since its been a long time since i looked at the lua) but i think the game uses a single font for everything.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:42 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

The game indeed does use only the Verdana font. It doesn't seem to be in the game directory as a separate ttf file, though.

I tried hex-editing the executable to use a different font, changing Verdana to Bimini and verdana.ttf to BIMINR_ttf, but I got a "cannot find font" error. The problem is that Verdana has 7 digits, and Bimini only 6. So I have a space in front (or behind) that the game includes in the font name it searches for, and thus cannot find. Hence the message: cannot find "Bimini " font, or cannot find " Bimini" font.

Do you perhaps know how to solve this problem?

EDIT: -fontname Bimini (internal name of font) worked (but -fontfile BIMINR_ttf does not: the game still uses the Verdana font).

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:25 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

-fontfile is just what font file the game will try to load if its not already loaded by windows (So if your using a custom font which isn't in the windows font directory you need to place the font in the games directory and use this parameter as well as the -fontname one). Its simply for people who didn't have the font (IIRC some people reported issues with the font being missing from there system or something).

-fontname is literally the font it will use.

If your hex editing a string and want to make it be smaller just make the characters you don't want to exist be a zero (As in the character with the ID of 0 not the number 0). No clue if it will work, but strings are normally ended with a 0 character ("Null Terminated Strings")

P.S The game technically isn't designed to use other fonts as it was originally hard coded for verdana, but i exposed them via the command line parameters in one of the patches.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

That's what I normally do: overwrite the superfluous digits with double zeros... but this is the first time that i see a software interpreting the zeros as spaces. The length of the font name must be specified elsewhere, for this behavior to occur... Anyway, with your command line parameter workaround it also works, so...
Many thanks!