Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2.0.4.0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:35 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Main changes are:

• The start of a Dedicated Server Manager (OwarDediManager.exe)
  • Save games that used too many references will now load (Some mods saves were affected by this)
  • Editor now has the ability to export the vehicle image to the current mods interface area (It outputs to all 3 sides Faces folder as a tga image)
  • vehicles.txt - weapons can now use CARGO_SIZE and BASE_WEAPON

-OWAR_2016-01-03_2.0.4.0.rar

Notes:
CARGO_SIZE will allow a vehicle to hold cargo and will give it the buttons for a cargo bay. You can use it on the standard cargo bay weapons to increase or decrease their size. The value needs to be 10 times less than the value you want. If you want it to hold 100 you do "CARGO_SIZE 10".

BASE_WEAPON will make the game treat a custom weapon as if it was another weapon. Its value is the ID of the other weapon. This for example can allow you to make an arabain crane by giving your custom crane the ID of the american or russian crane so that the game will treat it as if it was one of the two. It also allows your weapons to get the benefit of technology upgrades like the standard weapons (machine guns for example get bonuses with technology).

Post subject: Re: 2.0.4.0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:42 am 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Original War Build 2.0.4.0

Critical gameplay mechanics:
  • No known issues

Bugs:
  • Percentage sign (%) missing next to cargo tank load
  • OwarDediManager.exe does not terminate when (X) pressed, this occurs after hosting a server and pressing "Stop"
  • OwarDediManager.exe has a blanked out "Go" button after a server is Stopped
  • Game crashes if a player joins Dedi manager server or a dedicated server
  • DediManager is unable to start more than 2 servers, the rest die. Only 1 server is visible out of the 2.

Logs:
Code:
General Info
------------
Application            : Owardd
Version                : 2.0.4.0_DD

ModName                :
ModDir                 :
ModVer                 :  (0.0)

ErrorType              : WndProc
ErrorText              : Multiplayer: Missing map WRI ! - Baza Obcych (D:\Delphi\EXEs\Stucuks Version Control\OriginalWar\Stable\Current\PrgX\POPMultiUI.pas, line 3741)

Exception              : None

Params                 :
ParamCount             : 0

Game Info
---------
Multiplayer            : False
Multi.GameState        : ChatRoom
Multi.ChatConnLost     : False
Multi.IAMServer        : False
Multi.Joined           : True
Multi.Loaded           : False
Multi.MapVersion       : 17
Multi.OffLine          : False
Multi.OnLine           : True
Multi.ServerLost       : False
Multi.StatusText       :
MultiDef.MapName       : Baza Obcych\3 zespoĊ‚y (pozycje dowolne)

mission_number         : 0
mission_campaign       : 0
game_difficulty        : 2
ingame_video           : False
stop_talking           : False
stop_action            : False
end_of_mission         : 0
end_the_mission_allowed : False
dialogue_skipped       : False
last_title_ident       : -1
last_title_unit        : 0
last_title_radio       : False
last_title             :

lastSail               : -1
tick                   : 0

Random Stuff
------------
GodMode                : False
DeveloperMode          : False
ModCBMode              : True
OfficialMod            : False
InterfSide             : 0

Windows Info
------------
Product                : Windows 7
Win32MajorVersion      : 6
Win32MinorVersion      : 1
BuildNumber            : 7601
ServicePack            : Service Pack 1
ServicePackMajor       : 1
ServicePackMinor       : 0

Physical Memory        : 4096MB
CPU Name               : AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
CPU Clock              : 3827Mhz
Current CPU Clock      : 3889Mhz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:35 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

MostWanted095 wrote:
Original War Build 2.0.4.0

Critical gameplay mechanics:
  • No known issues

Bugs:
[list]
[*]Percentage sign (%) missing next to cargo tank load

I can confirm this is not a bug. Pre-2.0.4.0 the amount displayed in the cargo would be the amount of crates in the cargo + a percentage sign slapped next to it. By allowing more than 100 crates to be carried in a cargo bay it doesn't make sense for the sign to be displayed.
During my discussions with Stu about this functionality he said that later on he'll add scalability to the cargo bay, thus going back to percentage display regardless of cargo's maximum size.

TL;DR this isn't exactly a bug, but it's not intended either. For now you see the current amount of crates in a cargo. This will be changed to have a % display once Stucuk adds another change to the cargo bay. Thanks for reporting though!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:48 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MostWanted095 wrote:
Bugs:
  • Percentage sign (%) missing next to cargo tank load
  • OwarDediManager.exe does not terminate when (X) pressed, this occurs after hosting a server and pressing "Stop"
  • OwarDediManager.exe has a blanked out "Go" button after a server is Stopped
  • Game crashes if a player joins Dedi manager server or a dedicated server
  • DediManager is unable to start more than 2 servers, the rest die. Only 1 server is visible out of the 2.

% sign was removed as it now displays the actual amount of cargo. Which is more useful than a percent when you can have cargo bays in mods which can have different sizes (If they all were just 100% when full you would have no clue how much each held). In Vanilla a cargo bay can hold 100 so its technically in percents with vanilla cargo bays.

The manager will close after each server thats running is closed when you try and terminate. Go button will only be grayed out while its stopping the current servers. It only starts two and will open more if the existing servers have games running. Its smart. Each server needs to have a unique port number and you need to open that port in your router or it will not be visible.

Are you forcing the dedicated server to run in a language other than english? It should by default run in english and you should never get missing wri errors.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

stucuk wrote:
% sign was removed as it now displays the actual amount of cargo. Which is more useful than a percent when you can have cargo bays in mods which can have different sizes (If they all were just 100% when full you would have no clue how much each held). In Vanilla a cargo bay can hold 100 so its technically in percents with vanilla cargo bays.

The percentage sign was a neater way of representing the amount of cargo held. And that's how it always was.

If you have cargos of capacity say 50, for 10 of resource loaded a 20% load should be displayed.
Not hard to implement a single line that would calculate this.
As for showing actual capacity the bar with square boxes should be reduced in size, from 10 boxes to say 5 as for this exmaple.
Not that I bothered to create a mod to check this is the way its done.

Way it is done just now is cheap.

stucuk wrote:
The manager will close after each server thats running is closed when you try and terminate. Go button will only be grayed out while its stopping the current servers. It only starts two and will open more if the existing servers have games running. Its smart. Each server needs to have a unique port number and you need to open that port in your router or it will not be visible.

Are you forcing the dedicated server to run in a language other than english? It should by default run in english and you should never get missing wri errors.

Run 2 servers
Allow them both to start up
Wait a minute.
Stop them
Then they won't terminate, and won't allow it to re start.

Clearly it is not idiot-proof if something needs to be done to prevent it from crashing.
Dedicated server and server manager are in English, actual game is run in Polish.
Not just an issue of 2.0.4.0, but all previous.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:03 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MostWanted095 wrote:
Way it is done just now is cheap.

The way its done now is how its always been done, altar just slapped a % sign on the end. I actually did make it do it with Percents at the beginning but its WORSE as you can't see how much its holding. With a percent how do you know what value its holding? Are you going to remember every mods cargo bay values? With it showing the exact amount you can easily see how much resources it has in its hold allowing you to easily see if it will be enough to build whatever you want at a base.

Note: Technically you can make a cargo bay that can hold 2550 cargo. So between 0 and 254 cargo it would be stuck at 0%, how can you tell what its holding?

stucuk wrote:
Run 2 servers
Allow them both to start up
Wait a minute.
Stop them
Then they won't terminate, and won't allow it to re start.

Yeh and it works perfectly for me and everyone else that tested them. I get that it doesn't for you but its obviously not as simple as just running them and you get the issue. There has to be something different with your setup. What windows version are you using, etc.

stucuk wrote:
Clearly it is not idiot-proof if something needs to be done to prevent it from crashing.
Dedicated server and server manager are in English, actual game is run in Polish.
Not just an issue of 2.0.4.0, but all previous.

Its an issue if the dedicated server was not using English as it would be telling the clients to use a map that didn't exist. Like if you told it to use Polish via the command line. When i say in English i mean the game settings area on the dedicated server, the map name, etc. The game works fine when people connect to both Gothuk and GGChyba's servers so it has to be something specific to your setup.

------------------------------

P.S You keep saying things are soooo obvious and yet most people haven't ran into the issues. Which mean its more obscure. Just because you have an issue with your setup/etc doesn't mean that everyone has the same issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 am 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

stucuk wrote:
Note: Technically you can make a cargo bay that can hold 2550 cargo. So between 0 and 254 cargo it would be stuck at 0%, how can you tell what its holding?

Stucuk, don't know about you, but I would say that 254/2550 is 9.96% of total load, which would be rounded to 10% and then displayed.
In my post above I've reffered to the square boxes which show what cargo is loaded and how much of it. They are shown below health/fuel status of a tank.

Either bring back the percentage system, or do a fractional system which shows the load of a cargo, eg. 10/100, 100/100, 40/50, 1236/2550 etc.

stucuk wrote:
Yeh and it works perfectly for me and everyone else that tested them. I get that it doesn't for you but its obviously not as simple as just running them and you get the issue. There has to be something different with your setup. What windows version are you using, etc.

Tested this again and it doesn't do it after a system restart for w/e reason; it shuts down fine.

stucuk wrote:
Its an issue if the dedicated server was not using English as it would be telling the clients to use a map that didn't exist. Like if you told it to use Polish via the command line. When i say in English i mean the game settings area on the dedicated server, the map name, etc. The game works fine when people connect to both Gothuk and GGChyba's servers so it has to be something specific to your setup.

------------------------------

P.S You keep saying things are soooo obvious and yet most people haven't ran into the issues. Which mean its more obscure. Just because you have an issue with your setup/etc doesn't mean that everyone has the same issue.

I did nothing to dedicated server settings, just launched it, nor I could see any language settings or told it any commands.

Issue occurs when you try to join your own dedicated server.
Others join it just fine.

Answering this question in advance:

"Why are you joining your own dedicated server ?"
Because bug testing

Code:
[2016-01-03 21:18:23] ----------------------------------------------------------
[2016-01-03 21:18:23] Running Server (Game 1)
[2016-01-03 21:18:39] Player Marek1906 joined the game
[2016-01-03 21:18:40]  Welcome to S1 Marek1906
[2016-01-03 21:18:40]  Waiting for more players.
[2016-01-03 21:18:56] Stoped Server
[2016-01-04 00:00:35] ----------------------------------------------------------
[2016-01-04 00:00:35] Running Server (Game 1)
[2016-01-04 00:03:12] Player Mostwanted|0|9|5 joined the game
[2016-01-04 00:03:14]  Welcome to S1 Mostwanted|0|9|5
[2016-01-04 00:03:14]  Waiting for more players.
[2016-01-04 00:03:20] Player Mostwanted|0|9|5 left the game
[2016-01-04 00:06:14] Stoped Server

This leaves you with the cargo issue, and the client crash issue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

The square boxes are exactly how altar did it. That has not changed one bit. The only difference visually is that the % sign was removed from the information bit at the bottom left. NOTHING else has changed.

Your right that 255 would be 10 percent and not 1 percent. But my point is still valid. If the bottom left information bit was done as 0 to 100 then it would be impossible to know easily how much is in the vehicle. Its far better to show the amount of crates in the vehicle.

-----------------------

When you get a message saying a WRI doesn't exist like that its because its trying to load a map that literally does not exist. This only has happened in the past when the Dedicated Server has been set to a non-english language and you then try to connect to it (Client's language doesn't matter one bit, it has nothing to do with the client).

In the Game Settings bit of the Dedicated Server does it show Alien Base as the map name or Baza Obcych?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:23 am 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

stucuk wrote:
Your right that 255 would be 10 percent and not 1 percent. But my point is still valid. If the bottom left information bit was done as 0 to 100 then it would be impossible to know easily how much is in the vehicle. Its far better to show the amount of crates in the vehicle.

Don't forget to make a fraction style cargo load (100/100) style not just (100).

stucuk wrote:
When you get a message saying a WRI doesn't exist like that its because its trying to load a map that literally does not exist. This only has happened in the past when the Dedicated Server has been set to a non-english language and you then try to connect to it (Client's language doesn't matter one bit, it has nothing to do with the client).

In the Game Settings bit of the Dedicated Server does it show Alien Base as the map name or Baza Obcych?

Game settings are in Polish, so 'Baza Obcych' is shown there.
The rest of the dedicated server application is in English.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:18 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MostWanted095 wrote:
Game settings are in Polish, so 'Baza Obcych' is shown there.
The rest of the dedicated server application is in English.

Are you using old game files(As in the data files the dedicated server can load/save to store the current game settings it should use)? It should be kinda impossible to have the dedicated server use Polish as it forces the base language to be in English deliberately to prevent this problem from happening.

If your using game settings from a time when the dedicated server wasn't forced to use english then that could be the reason you have this issue.

If you remove the 'LastLoadedGames' bit from the dedicated.ini (Or whatever ini your using for it) it will stop it loading game settings from a saved file.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:23 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

I used to have plenty problems with OW beforehand after a series of patches.

My latest copy went from the following: 1.02 -> 1.12.10.15 -> 2.0.0.0 -> 2.0.3.5

I made no alterations to OW itself (why would I even care or want to anyways)
Ow dedi screenshot:

http://s11.postimg.org/uhztojef7/ASDF.png
PS. Why disable img BBCode ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

If you create a file called language.dat and put the content as just ENG does it have english in the Dedicated Server's settings?

MostWanted095 wrote:
PS. Why disable img BBCode ?

It was never disabled because it was never enabled. Each new forum thats added you have to set the permissions users get, that one was missed by accident (accidents actually happen in life).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

That fixed it,
And the crash is fixed as well, the language.dat was not carried over from some patch as nor me nor my friend has it.
.. and as for the img BB tags I can remember posting up my artworks on this forum that were taken down multiple times by Radzio. But anyways I couldn't care less whether it's enabled or disabled, just something I've noticed over the years.

As for my initial post, something's wrong with dedicated servers / server manager - as it does not terminate the process for me from time to time. I ain't sure what causes it, but my servers are still up even though application is not.
I can also notice multiple processes for dedicated server

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:57 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MostWanted095 wrote:
That fixed it,
And the crash is fixed as well, the language.dat was not carried over from some patch as nor me nor my friend has it.

language.dat is not in any patches. Its purpose is to fake that the language in the game files (data1.owp, etc) is another language. Its not a proper solution as it may have side effects with the main game. It will however allow me to make a fix for the dedicated server.

MostWanted095 wrote:
I can remember posting up my artworks on this forum that were taken down multiple times by Radzio.

Artworks are not against forum rules, i have never been aware of anyone taking down artworks.

MostWanted095 wrote:
As for my initial post, something's wrong with dedicated servers / server manager - as it does not terminate the process for me from time to time. I ain't sure what causes it, but my servers are still up even though application is not.
I can also notice multiple processes for dedicated server

Are there any background applications running at the time you have issues?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:19 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

stucuk wrote:
Are there any background applications running at the time you have issues?

Nothing out of the ordinary, I ain't sure what causes it, if I ever find out I'll post it up. Once it will terminate fine, other times it stays in the background as a running process even though it closed.