Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2.0.4.6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:38 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Main changes are:
  • Wave Editor in the OW Editor will now generate the wi image (It still doesn't create the GBI but it does simplify the steps).
  • Includes the SGUI build of OW (Which isn't 100% in sync with the latest version but most of the bugs/etc fixed are in it).
  • #252 - [INFO BOX] - Text colour incorrect
  • #260 - [MULTIPLAYER] - Add various climate conditions
  • #279 - Mission Report missing numbers
  • #298 - Alternate Fullscreen mode for Direct Draw Renderer

-OWAR_2016-04-22_2.0.4.6.rar

Notes:
Alternate Fullscreen is for Direct Draw, it acts like fullscreen but has the FPS advantage of a window (Its basically just SAMERES, LIMITMOUSE and WINDOWFULL wrapped into one).

SGUI build is a WIP and currently excludes Multiplayer (Its more intended for modders to play with). If you want to try SGUI in your mod you need to extract the lua folder from patch.owp to your mods directory. When SGUI looks for images it uses the Interface folder as its base folder. To use SGUI you need to run OwarOGL_SGUI.exe and its recommended to use the SAMERES parameter.

P.S If i have missed out any files SGUI needs let me know (I don't think i have).

Post subject: Re: 2.0.4.6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:23 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Fixes:

* Colours fixed both info boxes and help menu

Bugs:
    * Repetedly pressing ESC to skip intros results in game freeze-up: it will not proceed to main menu until keys are let go of
    * Main menu background is pixelated and proportions are off
    * F6 no longer allows for windowing OW, it will either return to full screen or crash OW (could send error log if I knew where it was saved)

I play OW in DirectDraw, to my understanding SAMERES and LIMITMOUSE will force the screen to go to resolution OW is at and disallow mouse to exit OWs boundary. I use windowed mode to get rid of those problems exactly when in fullscreen! Disregard if this doesn't affect the F6 windowed mode.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:23 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Several SGUI related issues crushed (Only applies to SGUI, not needed if you don't care about it).

MostWanted095

MostWanted095 wrote:
Repetedly pressing ESC to skip intros results in game freeze-up: it will not proceed to main menu until keys are let go of

Doesn't really sound like much of a bug. You let go of the key and it progresses.

MostWanted095 wrote:
Main menu background is pixelated and proportions are off

If your using fullscreen and have Alternate Fullscreen turned on (Which it is by default) then it won't look the same as its an alternate mode. SAMERES makes it use a higher resolution than 800x600 so the 800x600 background image will get stretched.

MostWanted095 wrote:
F6 no longer allows for windowing OW, it will either return to full screen or crash OW (could send error log if I knew where it was saved)

It was overridden by accident. Will be restored in next build. Why do you need to use it when you can just launch the game in a window?

MostWanted095 wrote:
I play OW in DirectDraw, to my understanding SAMERES and LIMITMOUSE will force the screen to go to resolution OW is at and disallow mouse to exit OWs boundary. I use windowed mode to get rid of those problems exactly when in fullscreen! Disregard if this doesn't affect the F6 windowed mode.

Alternate Fullscreen is designed to be a replacement for the current fullscreen mode which causes low FPS on windows 8 and 10 (And can also on windows 7).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:02 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Several SGUI related issues crushed (Only applies to SGUI, not needed if you don't care about it).

stucuk wrote:
MostWanted095 wrote:
Main menu background is pixelated and proportions are off

If your using fullscreen and have Alternate Fullscreen turned on (Which it is by default) then it won't look the same as its an alternate mode. SAMERES makes it use a higher resolution than 800x600 so the 800x600 background image will get stretched.

What's the point of using it by default ?
Images are stretched/pixelated, multiplayer lobby is centered on screen rather than cover it in its eternity like it is just now in 2.0.3.5 and various other screens don't look right with it.
It wasn't broke please don't try to fix it; I'd suggest reverting to what we have just now

stucuk wrote:
MostWanted095 wrote:
F6 no longer allows for windowing OW, it will either return to full screen or crash OW (could send error log if I knew where it was saved)

It was overridden by accident. Will be restored in next build. Why do you need to use it when you can just launch the game in a window?

F6 is actually very useful; it allows to switch back and forth between window and fullscreen. As stupid as it may sound I use it everytime I play OW; mainly when waiting for players on MP.

stucuk wrote:
MostWanted095 wrote:

Alternate Fullscreen is designed to be a replacement for the current fullscreen mode which causes low FPS on windows 8 and 10 (And can also on windows 7).

If its meant to be a replacement I would advise against relasing it until pixelation issues/ centered menus are fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:28 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

I have already explained in my previous post.

* Alternate Fullscreen Mode can be disabled. Open the launcher, goto config.
    * Backgrounds will be stretched across the fullscreen meaning that if the resolution is not 800x600 it will be stretched.
    * Its not bugged. It just enables 3 parameters by default. If you don't like it don't use it.
    * Its enabled by default because for alot of people on Windows 8, 10 and some on Windows 7 they get very low FPS in the game using Fullscreen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 am 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

All that matters is the ability to revert to previous one easily, which you obviously thought of, thats it sorted then.

I cannot see why people would have troubles with the game on Windows 7; I ran it across various W7 and 2008 R2 machines never had any issues