Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SG-Universe Original War mod?
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:39 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Hi everybody.
I´am fan of SG from czech republic and I decided (because the last SG-U ended unexpectadly and the story has no ending), that Original-War SGU mod shud be a great vay to say "goodbye".

Unfortunantley, I´am real noob in this area (never done mod myself, not even a 3D picture or recorded some speech/musik).

What I want to do, to close Original War "universe" more to SG-U "universe"?

1) I want change some characteristicks of some vehicles (in SGU there are no real vehicles, but if "Tauri"-Earth manage to send through the stargate some capacities to help the stranded personel, they evetnualy should get some ability to build something that should help them - some basic vehicles, buildings on planets if needed and some new guns, or equipment for their imnense ship "Destiny" including, i think. Maybe even some "own" little spaceship...

First of all, in SGU they use little floating "ball cameras" (caled Kino) as "scouts" to determine, if the planet is able to support human live, or has some other interesting things on it (raw materials, suplys of watter/food, crash-landed spaceship, alien city, or something else). It has one small problem - they should float above the groud, like (for example) arab hovercraft indefinitley. Like "alaskit/siberit" motor on realy small floating chasis and radar on it (symbolizing the senzors of that device). Has anybody idea, how can i do it?

Secondly, they use something, they call "kino sled". It is some plate, under wich is (approximetley) 15 those kino balls, and wich (because of it) flies over the ground. They use it as a mean to transport heavy things - sometning like "hovercraft transport vehicle"?, and if they have a vay to do it, they probably will use that thing on their own vehicles too.

thirdly, SGU universe includes "space fighters" - spaceships, wich can be used as aeroplanes too. How the heck could this be done in O-War universe? some kind of another howercraft, or should i completly disband any atempts to plug that thind into O-W game?

2) I´ll need to create new "o-War" characters (coppyes those on SGU), - i know, where to find tutorial to do that, but i found problems here too.

firstly, how to change the colour of "soldier" uniforms? - In SGU they are vearing all black uniforms?

secondly, I may want to add another "heavy weapons" occupation - because in SGU there are NO mortars, but crew uses flamethrowers. How?

3) buildings
firstly, is there a possibility, to change building characteristics (for example add possibility to train RPG soldiers in US armory?)

secondly, how can I edit my own "special building" - I wanted to do a mission, where the crew of Destiny have to abandon the ship and be on some planet on its own, but i seriously doubt, that they will build anything, if they should use landed (small) ship as their base. That mission is important, because it helps the story to explain, how there appear their enemys - Lucian Alliance personell - human -, when the ship flie on the other side of the unniverse.

4) Exteriors I suppose, i can do map on myslelf, but what about "critters" - can i make some critter on my own?

secondly, i wanted to do one map, wich should be simmilar, as the surface of "Destiny", and at least one mission, where the crex must defend itself on that side of their ship....

Is that possipble or not, and if is, can you send me some tutorials to do it (preferably in Czech)?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: SG-Universe Original War mod?
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 pm 

There is something about modifying vehicles here
http://forum.stucuk.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:27 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Thank you a lot. :) Im really noob here, and didn´t have the time to check forum properly (pretty big :D).

I think, that i will ultimatley give up in ambitions to modd the "howering" tanks, but i shall still try to make "kino" scout vehicle...:D. We shall see. Once again, thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:22 pm 

Quote:
firstly, how to change the colour of "soldier" uniforms? - In SGU they are vearing all black uniforms?

Open XichtEd.exe in your original war folder. It allows you to create avatars for characters. I believe you will find the "Colors"-button especially interesting :P

Quote:
firstly, is there a possibility, to change building characteristics (for example add possibility to train RPG soldiers in US armory?)

That's going to be hard, if not impossible. The thing is probably hard coded.

Quote:
secondly, how can I edit my own "special building" - I wanted to do a mission, where the crew of Destiny have to abandon the ship and be on some planet on its own, but i seriously doubt, that they will build anything, if they should use landed (small) ship as their base. That mission is important, because it helps the story to explain, how there appear their enemys - Lucian Alliance personell - human -, when the ship flie on the other side of the unniverse.

Quote:
can i make some critter on my own?

I'm not sure if you can add your own buildings/critters to the game. OW is generally stubborn when it comes to change anything about the gameplay. Try and ask Stucuk.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 pm 

Quote:

Or better yet. The file Data1\Data\GameInit\Sides.txt seems to hold information about what color each side is, so you could change side 1 to black if you want.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:47 am 

You can also change the soldier's colours using a dialog located here in the editor top menu:

Windows->Inter. Configs Visible

There is a little bug that freezes the dialog if you click the "cancel button", so when you're finished click the "X" one to close it, at the top right. If you need more info contact me by pm or ask each question here.

There is a file that holds the unit identifiers, things like "ar-sol-fal" etc.

THE Very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:14 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

gwren1, McBenn:
Thank you a lot for info. Every bit of that has price of gold for me. (Even the info, what i CAN´T do).

In this week, surley will ask Stucuk (another member/moderator of this forum, i suppose).
And sureley, I will ask both of You here (or by PM, if you prefere).

Ps sorry for my English, i am not good at foreign languages... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:19 pm 

For me it's better if you ask in public, so that everybody can see the solution as well.

THE Very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:11 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Stucuk doesn't know about what is truly possible because Stucuk has never tried. But i do know that alot of Original War is hard-coded meaning that there is alot of things you can not change currently(Such as what Icons are in the build menu's). Some things that are hard-coded you *may* be able to get around with SAIL but i don't know.

When it comes to modding advice its best to ask people in public rather than a PM as you can then get the opinions and expertise of everyone on the forum.