Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OWOGL_2015-01-03 Errors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:39 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Tried OpenGL version and got error ;/

Attachment:
shader.png
shader.png [ 25.53 KiB | Viewed 1800 times ]

Edit :
Got game working - Latest version was lacking some dll's that were put in older topic.
But Shader error is still present.

I looked into shaders and this gave me WTF (font.fglsl):

Code:
else
    {
     color.a = color.a > 0.5;
    }

When removed text looks ok, but i could miss something.

Post subject: Re: OWOGL_2015-01-03 Errors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:38 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Replace:
Code:
color.a = color.a > 0.5;

With:
Code:
if (color.a > 0.5)
      color.a = 1;
     else
      color.a = 0;

Does the same thing but should be completely backwards compatible. (I have currently only tested the OGL stuff with OpenGL 4.4)

P.S The following is the latest build (You would need to modify the font shader):
- OWOGL_2015_02_18.rar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Two annoying things to fix that i noticed:
1. Character selection for mission:
When you sort characters, they are sorted with names, but portraits remain unsorted.

2. Edge scroll speed depends on game speed.
When paused - it's really slow.
On max game speed - it's too fast.

There are also some rendering bugs (menus), but i guess you are working on them so i won't bother you with it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:22 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MrMentor wrote:
There are also some rendering bugs (menus), but i guess you are working on them so i won't bother you with it.

Which menus? Currently the Credits and In-Game help bit won't display right. The multiplayer map descriptions when in a game lobby won't show and the graphs at the end of a mission (Where it shows when vehicles/men/buildings were created/destroyed) won't display. Anything else i don't know about.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Character selection's right side was missing the Face Swapping but the left side had it. Moving the screen at the edges is always the same speed. I am guessing you didn't use the latest version i posted a url too.

Attached is the updated OwarOGL.exe

Attachments:
OwarOGL_2015_02_19.rar [1004.94 KiB]
Downloaded 55 times

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:20 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

I use latest version of OW OGL.

Screen scrolling at the edges depends on game speed :

Movie (AVI)

Notice that PAUSE (and game speed) impacts on scroll speed. This could be my low FPS, but i'm not sure.

As for menus - it's Arabian Campaign problem, but one bug is present in default campaign:

Attachment:
OwarOGL 2015-02-19 09-32-37-43.jpg
OwarOGL 2015-02-19 09-32-37-43.jpg [ 66.45 KiB | Viewed 1789 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Fixed the faces not updating there size when the list's changed. The Team Selection screen is laggy when there is alot of units to pick from. It really needs to be optimised (Currently its rendering everything individually each frame rather than rendering to a single texture when stuff changes).

The edge scrolling is framerate independent(As in higher framerates won't be super fast with low framerates super slow) but if you don't have a stable framerate you can notice larger jumps as the lower the frame rate the more the screen will be moved (Basically it increases the distance based on the framerate so in the end it would move the same distance over the same time period as with a higher frame rate).

Attachments:
OwarOGL_2015_02_20.rar [1006.38 KiB]
Downloaded 64 times

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:44 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

One more bug:

On character selection screen:
When you change the profession ex. soldier to mechanic - portrait is not updated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:23 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MrMentor wrote:
One more bug:

On character selection screen:
When you change the profession ex. soldier to mechanic - portrait is not updated.

Fixed.

- OWOGL_2015-02-23.rar

This version includes "Single Resolution" mode which can be enabled/disabled from the launcher's settings bit. Single Resolution makes the game use a single resolution for all areas but scales the videos and menus to the windows size. Basically it will look the same but will never change the resolution apart from at the start. Apart from no longer having the delay from changing resolutions the main benefit is the steam overlay is no longer in a small resolution for the videos and menu (And going to the desktop is the same). Also any application like Photoshop thats running in the background that uses floating windows won't have their windows positions changed by going to 640x480.

If this mode doesn't work for you please let me know (It requires PBuffer support but any card that supports OpenGL 2.0 should support them since it was added to the OpenGL spec in 2000).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:09 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

I think something went wrong :D

Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 66 KiB | Viewed 1768 times ]

Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 72.81 KiB | Viewed 1768 times ]

I also noticed that resolution list in 'Launcher' doesn't list all supported resolutions for my PC. Only 1024x768 and 800x600.

BTW.
There is 'Owar.ini' file - but there are only like 4 settings in it.
Does all settings have their equivalents in 'ini' file? Because i didn't found any description or wiki entry about it.
I think that it's have it uses. I lost my shortcut couple times already and i have to search for 'param' list every time. Ini file is 'more' permanent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:15 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

What settings are you using? Single Resolution can not do that as its fixed to either 640x480 or 800x600 (The PBuffer's resolution). So there can not be any tiling of the background. owar.ini doesn't hold all the settings. Alot of the original ones are controlled via the Windows Registry. You shouldn't need to modify owar.ini as the settings you pick in the launcher (owar.exe) are kept.

The Launcher uses Windows's EnumDisplaySettings to get all of the monitor resolutions. It will only add resolutions that are both wider than 1024 and higher than 768. So something like 1400x600 would be ignored as the height is too small.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:30 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

"skip window sameres customres 1366 768"
;)

As for the resolution:

Attachment:
res.jpg
res.jpg [ 75.41 KiB | Viewed 1766 times ]

After filtering lower res than 1024x768 you are still missing 2 widescreen resolutions.
Maybe you got < instead of <= in filter.

I will look into registry then.

Edit. I found somewhere that some entries should be in :
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Altar\Original War"
Although i didn't found any entry there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

EDITED: Your correct it was using > instead of >= . The only problem now is everyone will need to update their resolution settings if they set them via the launcher rather than the CustomRes param.

I am guessing thats the Throwback launcher. If you have any problems using it i can not offer support. There is no reason for them to have even made their own launcher (Especially as it has less features). Registry settings will only be there if they are set. There are some settings which are never set but can be changed in the registry (Some which can't in more recent versions of OW as they are forced to be on). Settings like subtitles, fluent animation, etc are stored in the registry and only change when you change the setting in the config screen of the official launcher. Newer settings (Things added by me) are generally done via an ini file. eset.ini being the newest one (Since Bohemia decided to include owar.ini when you change language, so it overwrites the settings in it).

OGL Build shouldn't be tiling the background (As its not programmed to tile but to stretch the image). Did you select Single Resolution? (Not to be confused with Same Resolution).

Attachments:
owarlauncher.png
owarlauncher.png [ 229.75 KiB | Viewed 1764 times ]
owarlauncher.png
owarlauncher.png [ 225.11 KiB | Viewed 1764 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:20 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

As for the launcher - it was my sidekick project to include mod and patch downloads in launcher.

I used "Same Resolution" from the wiki "Parameters" page. I don't know what is the correct parameter for Single Resolution ("singleres", "singleresolution" ?).
I could not use your launcher to test it because i got standard resolutions there (<= problem ;)), so this parameter would do nothing.

If you could post updated launcher i will test it when i get back from work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:58 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MrMentor wrote:
As for the launcher - it was my sidekick project to include mod and patch downloads in launcher.

I guess you wouldn't need my support if it didn't work right then :P . Btw there is no DLC's for OW. DLC implies official content that you can download that adds maps/etc to the game.

MrMentor wrote:
I used "Same Resolution" from the wiki "Parameters" page. I don't know what is the correct parameter for Single Resolution ("singleres", "singleresolution" ?).
I could not use your launcher to test it because i got standard resolutions there (<= problem ;)), so this parameter would do nothing.

If you could post updated launcher i will test it when i get back from work.

Actually it would have worked since the Single Resolution is saved to an ini file. Same with the OpenGL/Direct Draw thing (owarfull and ow_editor are now just relay applications that run either the OGL or DD version based on the setting in the ini).

There is two modes of Single Resolution:
singleres
singlereskeepar

The first is set via the launcher in the ini and if set there the parameter won't do anything. The second changes how it works so it keeps the aspect ratio. So you get black bits at the sides so the main content is still in a 4:3 aspect ratio. The standard mode just stretches it.

I have not tested Same Resolution with OpenGL. It was a previous idea to make all areas use the same resolution but where you just center the content in the middle of the screen and have the background stretch. Single Resolution is superior but only for OpenGL.

Attachments:
OriginalWar_2015_02_24.rar [1.43 MiB]
Downloaded 56 times