Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Higher Resolutions / New Aspect Ratios
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:50 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Hello,
I was thinking of one feature implemented into the patch 1.08 allowing the user to set a preferable resolution of their own choice, which I've tried out, really works out great considering you can get a much more detailed and un-stretched view of the battlefield. My suggestion is to phase out more support for this feature in the up coming patch 1.11 by either:

Fixing one of the following:
1) Fix the "black HUD" areas by implementing a texture to cover up this 2 areas (top and bottom HUD).
2) Implement new textures for the top HUD and re-program the bottom "unit status HUD" making it use the whole space available. (bottom HUD texture will need to be re-created as well)

To Get Fixed Optionally:
Other known bug with it that shouldn't bother the players at all (but still affects Original War) is the "give experiance points" screen at the end of a mission, (I Suggest to make a background behind it or stretch it to Full Screen)

Other issues discovered so far using the "CustomRes" Parameter:

Single Player: None (completed 6 missions @ 1920x1080, no graphical bugs or crashes besides mentioned)
Multi Player: Host using the "CustomRes" parameter gets an Synchronisation Lost error - Effectivley making all players crash (Main menu is where they're redicted, this occured every 1/3 games approx.)

*Players joining servers using "CustomRes" have no issues at all.

My reason for this suggestion is that barley any body now days uses the CRT monitors, 16:9 / 16:10 etc. Are the most commonly used Aspect Ratios now days with resolutions much higher than 1024x768.

Some Screenshots of Original War with Ratio of 16:9 and 1920x1080 (Full HD) Screen Resolution:

Original War Screenshot_01
Original War Screenshot_02
Original War Screenshot_03

Post subject: Re: Higher Resolutions / New Aspect Ratios
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:59 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

I don't see how the resolution can make a host get a sync lost. If anything both clients and hosts should react the same.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:36 pm 
Original-War.Net Owner
Original-War.Net Owner

It might be that issue with viewing area being out of bounds on small maps again or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:41 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Also forgotten to mention: Player is Redicted form MP game back to the main menu if either of the following is disabled:
- Shadows
- Animated Background
- Animated Water
No matter what resolution, it always does it (except on Alien Base map) - this has been the case for me and 2 other people I've spoke to, SP works fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

YuriStriatov wrote:
It might be that issue with viewing area being out of bounds on small maps again or something.

Well that doesn't cause Sync Lost, it causes an error to apear. Everytime i have hosted a game i use customres and it works fine. So i doubt customres has anything to do with hosts getting Sync Lost as it would have the same effect on Clients if it was the case

MostWanted095 wrote:
Also forgotten to mention: Player is Redicted form MP game back to the main menu if either of the following is disabled:
- Shadows
- Animated Background
- Animated Water
No matter what resolution, it always does it (except on Alien Base map) - this has been the case for me and 2 other people I've spoke to, SP works fine.

What do you mean? When they get into a game they are directly re-directed? End of the game they don't see the stats screen?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:33 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

There's no End of the game screen, Straight after the game starts it gets back to the main menu - other players either get that as well or the sync lost screen. I've no idea what's that caused by. Fact is if I have those options disabled it always happens (2 other people had that issue as well).

CustomRes works fine except the black areas staying un-refreshed sometimes leaving the cursor marks on them (Screenshot 1). As mentioned before re-programming and creating a higher resolution textures for the HUD to suit other resolutions may fix this issue and get rid of those areas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

I don't think anyone needs to have them options disabled(As people are likely to have a computer powerful enough to have them effects), so the easiest solution is to make it so you can't disable them options.

The reason there is bits of the screen that you can "Draw" on with the mouse/etc is because the game is not drawing to that area of the screen and it doesn't clear the screen each frame. So far this is a low priority(As getting Clanbase and the game de-bugged are the current priority).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 am 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

I've never touched the options, always had them enabled - once the issue started I've noticed they're off. Only way I could have re-enabled them was a re installation of OW (they always turned off at every boot up of OW - configuration tool haven't helped), I only have 1 theory about that : Disallowing OW from using more GPU memory than it requires to run (1000 fps and above may be the synchronisation failure barrier / Or due to a 64bit OS).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Well you can turn on VSync to reduce the framerate down to what your monitors refresh rate is set to (Well at least what Windows thinks its set to) from the options in the Launcher. (VSync only works in Fullscreen)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

I never suggest anything unless I've made sure and I'm certain there is a problem. In my case Vsync in OW along with a 2GB 5870 causes graphical errors (Windowed Only, Full screen is limited to 30/120FPS), might be due to a 64bit OS, or GPU processing - I've no idea. 2 things that I am suggesting in the current stage:

1) Remove the graphical options from OW (have them always enabled - I do NOT think any body now days runs a CPU at a frequency lower than 250MHz.)
* There has been 4 more people who I've played with recently on "Babilon" map and others, In all of their cases they've had graphical options disabled which caused throwing them out of the game at the start. (This bug does not include the "Alien Base" map.)
Other info on identical bug gathered by me : Hexa core 1090T @ 4,2GHz and above, causes the engine to revert user into the main menu whilst playing MP (No CPU processing errors) I've no idea what's the cause for it, game engine doesn't use it any ways. I will not say to worry about this since no CPU runs at a stock frequency of 4000MHz and above.

2) Fixing the "CustomRes" parameter by reprogramming the HUD / implementing new resolutions to OW.

Thats everything I've got to say about suggestions for the new 1.11, thanks.

*Bugs mentioned above appear in 1.10b as well as 1.11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm 
Original-War.Net Owner
Original-War.Net Owner

MostWanted095 wrote:
1) Remove the graphical options from OW (have them always enabled

Already done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:59 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

MostWanted095 wrote:
In my case Vsync in OW along with a 2GB 5870 causes graphical errors (Windowed Only, Full screen is limited to 30/120FPS)

When it comes to OW's built in VSync thats enabled using the Launcher's options then it doesn't do anything in Windowed mode. It only does stuff in Fullscreen. When it comes to forcing your graphics card to do VSync then that could easily cause graphical errors(Can easily cause them in any game. Not recommended to force your card to do anything for that reason).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:42 pm 
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

MostWanted095, concern is that Black Hub can not fix it, costumres uses flexible values ​​and an interface in the same time, the game can not work, the interface is a fixed number of pixels where everything is from which side and how much. all flexible images that are not possible, probably.
in terms of graphics capabilities, you are no longer in the game do not go off.
Now we perform a small study, so far looks promising. All results indicate that about 98% of desynchronization is at once able to synchronize again.
others are synchronized for a longer period of time or at all. but so far no signs of absurdity in the game. it looks really promising

------------------
MostWanted095, obavám se že Black Hub se nedá spravit, costumres využívá flexibilní hodnoty, a stím hra v rozhraní neumí pracovat, v rozhraní je pěvně dané o kolik pixelu kde co je, z jaké strany, a jak velké. všechny flexibilní obrázky tu zde nejsou možné, pravděpodobně.
co se týče grafických možností, ty jsou už delší dobu nejdou ve hře vypnout.
Nyní provadíme menší výzkum, zatím vypada slibně. Všechny výsledky naznačují že CCA 98% desynchronizaci se dokáže hned zase synchronizovat.
ostatní se synchronizují za delší dobu nebo vůbec. ale zatím žadné známky nesmyslností ve hře. vypadá to fakt slibně

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:25 pm 
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Sali wrote:
MostWanted095, concern is that Black Hub can not fix it, costumres uses flexible values ​​and an interface in the same time, the game can not work, the interface is a fixed number of pixels where everything is from which side and how much.

You're wrong, there is a way to do it although stucuk concentrates something else aparently.

Lets take bottom HUD for example, it's 3 parts:
Left: Unit info
Center: Units
Right: Radar

Left and Right HUD are aligned to where they're supposed to be, simplest way to do it is to (As you've mistread it)
MostWanted095 wrote:
reprogramming the HUD

For each individual resolution state to stretch the Center-HUD from X1/Y1 to X2/Y2 and Center off the Unit bar completley.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:04 am 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

Its possible, but a waste of time considering everything else i need to do(Such as fixing proper bugs).