As some of you might know, I've been recently working on Original War Modding Suite which will be able to manage almost 350 mod files which would make creating mods much simpler, easier and faster. Unfortunately there are few characters defined in start.txt with face (called PORTRET) defined inside a start.txt file instead of gallery ID and face number. This little thing is messing with my program. I could go around it but I'd rather not. Here are few reasons why:
1. Creating face in XITCHED is far better
2. You can't preview it witouth launching OW or editor
3. Nobody uses that except for Altar afaik
4. I would have to change algorithm which reads start.txt files and I don't want to because this one is already done and also points where exactly is error ( when someone manualy edits start.txt and there's an error OWMS won't let you load that).
If you want to know exactly what I mean, here is the example:http://pastebin.com/uZ3LQ29a
There are total 3 characters created this way in american campaign. If you agree to put that into patch I can repair it by myself so you don't have to, Stu. Meaning that I will add those 3 faces into gallery file and do some changes it start.txt and send it to you.
And since I already wrote this thread I don't want to create another one, so I will ask few questions here:
1. When I finish OWMS could you include it to patch? Of course I will send you source code and you will compile it by yourself to make sure that I'm not going to do some bad stuff.
2. I already know the answer to this one but it's always good to try: Could I get source code of XITCHED? I could add additional feature to OWMS which is showing faces without necessity of launching XITCHED. Also if I have enough time I could merge (by that I mean rewrite to C#) it with OWMS which would bring more benefits to the modders.
If anyone wants to know some more about OWMS you can check my thread on OWNhttp://forum.original-war.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4276
I will post english version both on OWN and here in the future after I finish first beta build which is going to get some testing.