Goto https://www.stucuk.netGoto https://www.atlanticaonlinewiki.comGoto https://www.game-requirements.com

Menu

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Original War Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:02 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Greetings all,

My name is [WIZ]Falcon with the GameSpy Wizards. I am the GameSpy Wizard captain. I am also a GameSpy Senior Wizard / Guardian as well as a GameSpy Helper. The GameSpy Wizard's host tournaments for players to take part in to win prizes. It has been brought to my attention that this game has alot of players. I was just curious to see how many would be wanting to take part in a tournament if I was able to host one.

Thanks,
Falcon

GameSpy Senior Wizard / Guardian
GameSpy Helper
www.arenaguardians.com
www.gamespy-helpers.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 am 

[WIZ]Falcon is indeed an Official Wizard, Reply here if you would like to see an official Original War Tournament with GameSpy Arcade and we'll continue from there.

Please don't be scared to Reply, The more users the better the Tournament would be.

Post subject: Re: Possible Original War Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:18 am 

Welcome to the Original War Support community! :D

Yes, I have a couple of questions:

1. If a tournament is defined, will it have any rule related to "Heavy Gun rushes"? This is a pretty common thing in multiplayer games, where many players build only a factory and some labs, in a couple of minutes they have an entire army of Heavy gunned tanks going straight for the enemy base, while the enemy is still building defences. Results very annoying if you are their enemy, as in 10-15 minutes there are like 14 tanks coming to your base.

2. What kind of prizes are given, and is there any personal information that one must give in order to receive them?

That is all, thanks for your interest in this great game. And if you let me ask you one more question: I'm a bit impressed, why did you decide to ask for making a tournament for an aged game like Original War?

THE Very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:00 pm 

He asked because i mentioned to him that the original war community wanted a tournament. If theres enough players for it there isn't a reason why there wouldn't be one set up. I'll Pass this information onto Falcon.

It also might be a good idea for users to state what kind of rules they would like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:28 pm 

The HG tactic is used in the official CW rules, so I don't know where's your problem? Also, making strong defences isn't allowed either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:05 pm 

Argoneus wrote:
The HG tactic is used in the official CW rules, so I don't know where's your problem? Also, making strong defences isn't allowed either.

People don't necesarily use CW, they use CB for example and they rush anyways. I'm not sure to consider this cheating, but its definetly a rushing strategy.

THE Very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:11 pm 

I don't really want this to turn into an Argument on rules, In the mean time just say if you would like a Tournament and if you would be interested. You can also state what rules you think would be the best, Then we'll move forward from there. Mainly this is just to see how many users would join as there wont be a Tournament if theres only a hand full of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:58 pm 
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Is merged play allowed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

OWS proberly isn't the best place to see how meny players would be interested. www.original-war.net would be a better place as it has all the polish people (Which are proberly the majority of players), while OWS is the Official Support Site, alot of polish tend to never come here, same goes for the Czech's. Id recommend posting a Poll on the polish forums, most speak english anyway so they could easily translate for ones which didn't speak good enough english. Google Translate is decent enough at translating Polish > English when someone posts a reply in polish.

Master Server Stats can show you how meny people are launching games. Note that only games which are actualy launched inside OW are counted (By inside i mean that even if GSA for example launches, it doesn't mean that the host ever pressed the start button when everyone was ready inside the game. If he/she doesn't press the start button then the game is never counted as being launched).

EDIT: Looks like someone already posted about it on OWN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:19 am 

Well we really want people from all country's to play, I'll speak to Yuri and get the same message added There.