It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steam Achievements
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

McBenn wrote:
Multiplayer achievements. That's a new one, eh stu?

I will need to get round to implementing Steam Stats. Which would allow ones that require a certain amount of things over any mission/map.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:04 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

I have some ideas for achievments:
- "No one left behind." - finish any campaign without losing a single soldier on any difficulty
- "I am the best around! Nothing's gonna keep me down!" - complete the game with every ending on Hard difficulty.
- "...but more between the ears." - Push back Russians without the help of Sikorski with Lucy Donaldson in your unit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:39 am 

I'm afraid we've already got those.
Code:
Complete Am/Ru campaigns without losing a single person; "Comrades"
Complete all Am/Ru missions with all medals on hard difficulty; "General of the Army"/"Marshal of the Russian Federation"
defeat the Russians without the help of Major Sikorski; "I got this"

I like the reference with Sikorski and Donaldson, tho. Dunno if it's possible to make a hidden achievement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:38 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

So I´ve been thinking about some Achievements that wont have the same goals as medals and also wont force you to give up some medals or fail the mission completly . Planing to do General , American , Russian and Aliance specific have American so far let me know what you think and if its possible to implement them to the game.

These Achievements should not be hard to get on easy and medium difficulty but i dont know if they can be unlocked on Expert.

American

Am01 - Chat and Run - Save all 3 of your man after you tried to radio call the base even after you were specificly told NOT TO!

Am02 - Nothing Here Comarades - Stop both vehicles that show near your base - Don´t let Russians attack you.

Am03 - Ready or Not - Attack and get all your man to top side of the map before andy calls you and tells you to attack.

Am04 - Sanctions - Prevent russians from building the second base - Already in Game !

Am05 - Fancy a dance apeman ? - Tame all Apes on the map

Am06 - None left behind - Save all people that land in this mission
- Or just keep - Mercifull - Spare Kurt

Am07 - Cleaning party - Destroy all russian buildings on the map

Am08 - I´m tired of waiting - Complete mission before reinforcements arrives

Am09 - Fascinating new Stuff- Research every single siberite technology and build 2 siberite mines

Am10 - We don´t need your handouts - Complete this mission without changing any of your man to motarman and demount all arabian buildings

Am11 - Perfect vision - Let frank scout a map successfully and make a deal with ´´arabian friend´´

Am12 - Successful group - finish this mission without building a base

Am13 - Healtly neighbourhood - Protect all siberium deposites from arabians scientists

Am14 - No hurry - Research every single technology you can .

Am15 - Quick action - Destroy, or force arabs to give up before 10 minutes since you took command of american army.

PS: - If i have some spelling mistakes feel free to tell me my english is little rusty .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:45 pm 

* Am01 - Chat and Run
Will add.

* Am02 - Nothing Here Comarades
Not sure what you mean.

* Am03 - Ready or Not
Will add.

* Am05 - Fancy a dance apeman ?
Will add.

* Am06 - None left behind
Will add.

* Am07 - Cleaning party
Will add.

* Am08 - I´m tired of waiting - Complete mission before reinforcements arrives
Already proposed: "defeat the Russians without the help of Major Sikorski; "I got this"".

* Am09 - Fascinating new Stuff
Will add.

* Am10 - We don´t need your handouts
I don't recall you could get mortarmen in this mission. But you can in Am09.

* Am11 - Perfect vision
Making the deal with the Arab "friend" is fine but whether Frank/Yamoko succeeds in scouting is random so I think we should leave that part out.

* Am12 - Successful group
Will add.

* Am13 - Healtly neighbourhood
Will add.

* Am14 - No hurry
Isn't that just going to be dull with only two people to research?

* Am15 - Quick action
Will add.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:59 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Not sure what you mean. - Well if you take over both bases than the russian mechanic lands and after that 2 russian vehicles with cargo bay appear and if you manage to take them both before any of them leaves the russians will never attack you and you just wait and win the mission .

* Am08 - I´m tired of waiting - Complete mission before reinforcements arrives
Already proposed: "defeat the Russians without the help of Major Sikorski; "I got this"".

Yeah saw that kinda hard to think about anything else in this mission

I don't recall you could get mortarmen in this mission. But you can in Am09.

Yes you can after the arabs attack you they leave their base and you can take it over and make motarman from their barracks .

* Am11 - Perfect vision
Making the deal with the Arab "friend" is fine but whether Frank/Yamoko succeeds in scouting is random so I think we should leave that part out.

Well if you have frank and you tell him to be carefull first before you let him go the chance of him failing is mininal . If you dont have him i dont know if you can do that I never lost my frankie love :))

* Am14 - No hurry
Isn't that just going to be dull with only two people to research?

- Well yeah but any other thing you can do is already in the medals - Keeping the base making double laser .

Or maybe this one - War does not wait - Dont help Joan . But this basicly makes you to skip the mission ..
- You are not alone - Find and tame another ape so gunga has a friend - But its really easy - Maybe make it they both must survie till the end of the mission

Having hard time to think about something in some missions especcialy russian missions where the stuff is already medal condition or you dont really have time to do anything else For example - Ru 03 and Ru 11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:47 pm 

Ah like that. Will add.

I seriously wonder if that isn't a bug...

* Am11 - Perfect vision
Minimal, but still present :P I'm just not fan of achievements where you can fail simply because of bad luck.

There doesn't necessarily have to be an achivement for each mission :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:58 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

I seriously wonder if that isn't a bug...

- I dont really think so because in vanilla OW there is no Arabian campain the other 2 let you use many arabian technologies in missions where you make deal with them so you have at least some missions that u can for example go pure arabian strategy and ignore you main race - Not many player do that tho . But if you finish ow over 30 times you can try have some fun :)

* Am11 - Perfect vision
Minimal, but still present :P I'm just not fan of achievements where you can fail simply because of bad luck.

Well true that so maybe the other way around
Blind Shot - Finish this mission without letting your scout expolore enemy base and dont make deal with arabian friend .

There doesn't necessarily have to be an achivement for each mission :)
- I know but why not have many, ow community isnt that big so for some people who played campain multiple times like me its nice to have some new goals of course if someone cares not about achivements he or she wont have any new reason to play same campain over agian .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:12 am 

Let's just assume it isn't a bug. It's just a funny achievement because you will gain it if you, like me, don't know it was possible to use the Arabian barracks to turn your men into mortars. I don't quite remember the mission. Doesn't it end when the Arabs run away? How much easier does it get if you use mortars?

* Am11 - Perfect vision
"Blind shot" I can approve of. Will add.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:11 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

McBenn wrote:
Let's just assume it isn't a bug. It's just a funny achievement because you will gain it if you, like me, don't know it was possible to use the Arabian barracks to turn your men into mortars. I don't quite remember the mission. Doesn't it end when the Arabs run away? How much easier does it get if you use mortars?

No you have to reaserch all possible siberium technologies and you wont prolly make it before arabs attack you and it actually gets harder if you dont use mortars because russians attack from 1 way only and if you have 1 sniper and rest of your soldiers into mortarman you dont even have to make any other defensive structures and you can just queue the technologies and go afk :D if you dont use motarman you would have to build some towers or at least micro your units when enemy attacks .

And you would have to actually destroy or demount all arabian building and use no mortars to get the achievement.

Last edited by Zuljin on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Like so If you do this you can just go afk and the misson finishes itself :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10 pm 

All right, let's add it then :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:34 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

I just registered here to say that some type of achievements are needed more than another.
They are basically "100%" achievements, which every games needs and in most cases, have.

Achievements for:
Completing game/campaigns with all basic medals. (one achievement for both campaigns)
Completing game/campaigns with ALL medals (so without loading)
Completing game/campaigns on hard difficulty with ALL medals. (if above ones will be not added, that one at least should be implemented)

Such achievements should be introduced in first place, because it's some kind of accomplishment and achievement itself to get it, not spare Kurt or some other situational.
And thanks for adding them in overall. :)

Right now thanks to steam sale I'm refreshing OW again, and it's great as always been. I have hope that polish voices will be added too to polish steam translation, cause they're on very high level of professionalism and wonderfully done, so it would be sad to waste them.

Quote:
I like the reference with Sikorski and Donaldson, tho. Dunno if it's possible to make a hidden achievement.

And just saying, that it's possible.

@Down
So great then! nothing more to do than wait for them to appear in-steam. Thanks again :D

Last edited by Languorous_Maiar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 pm 

Code:
 - Complete Am/Ru campaign on any difficulty; "God bless America"/"For Mother Russia"; ACH_GBA/ACH_FMR  ** I
 - Complete all Am/Ru missions with all medals on hard difficulty; "General of the Army"/"Marshal of the Russian Federation"; ACH_GOTA/ACH_MOTRF

I think we have them covered.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:04 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Btw. there was some propositions already for letting your people die so I have proposition in similiar manner, what would be pretty "big" achievement, more complex and certainly fun to achieve, cause it will require different appraoch to entire game.

Sociopath
New world, old habits

American version

Requirements:
-Dont save anyone (01)
-Kill Bierezow and dont save guy from south (02)
-Jeff Brown/Lucy Donaldson dead too, enabling replacement character (04)
-Kill Kurt (06)
-Letting Joan die in one of the missions
-Don't negotiate with Arabs at all (09 and 11)

or

Russian version

Requirements:
-Don't save Kirilenkow (01)
-Don't save Scholtze (03)
-Kill Hugh Stevens (05)
-Dont save Wsjewołod (06)
-Trick Kurt and kill Heike (i don't know if it's bug, but she's attacking Burłak after tricking Kurt so there is no option to save her) (08)
-Don't negotiate with Arabs to attack USA (09)

Achievemnt(s) enbaling before split for core American or Russian/Freedom so shouldn't be tricky to implement.

Last edited by Languorous_Maiar on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next