It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steam Achievements
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 pm 

Hm it would be possible to implement but I'm concerned how to track its progress and well as what the descriptive text should be. I can see the idea of having it as one achievement but the fact that it consists of a lot of small mission-specific achivements results in the concerns mentioned. What do you say, stu?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Languorous_Maiar wrote:

-Don't save Gejdar (04)

Pretty sure you lose the mission if you dont save cpt . Gajdar . I can test it but im 90 % sure you must save him .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 am 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Zuljin wrote:
Languorous_Maiar wrote:

-Don't save Gejdar (04)

Pretty sure you lose the mission if you dont save cpt . Gajdar . I can test it but im 90 % sure you must save him .

Ahh, my bad then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

So I tried and made some Rus achievements . By my opinion the americian are better and these still need some work . But i simply cannot think about something that already isn´t a condition for medals or finishing the mission so here they are .

Russia

Ru01 - Oh , Hi friend - Rescue S.D Gnyevko , after you already destroyed american base and saved Y.P. Kirilenkova

Ru02 - Sector clear - Destroy bunkers on both sides of the cliff

Ru03 - Efficiency - Produce 2 more vehicles than you need to and save prof Sholtze

( Yes i know same condition as medals but i dont think there is any time to do anything else like stopping all american troops that come from both corners that would make you lose the medals couse you would not make enough vehicles in time if anyone has better idea feel free to share )

Ru04 - Greedy Commie - Steal Maximum of crates you can - (9 vehicles)

Ru05 - Brawns Vs Brains - Kill Stevens
OR - Fellow scientist - Spare Stevens

Ru06 - Brothers in arms - Save all 4 of yours brothers men ( Yes there are 4 Vsevolod + 3 soldiers )

Ru07 - Liar - Lie to Raul about arabians and Yelena

Ru08 - I love Backstabber and Gamership . Only 1 more option remains - Honorable -Make deal with kurt and give him Hayke after

Ru09 - War over love - Kill Joan
OR - UPF - Accept arabian help and let them attack Epsilon ( only reachable if you have Backstabber)

Ru10 - Amercian or Arabian it doesn´t matter - Kill every American person and destroy american technology (Snipers Mechanics, Laser vehicles)
OR - Missed us ? - Make deal with hayke ( only unlockable if you have Honorable )

Ru11 - Superior technology - Use teleport and both amunnition for bazookas ( yes same as Ru03 - Any better idea welcomed)

Ru12 - I love Cadre :) Go for the throat - Go straight for platonov (purple bases dont attack any other)

Ru13 - Deep Cut .- Take over or destroy every americian building ( Yes even that heavily defended base in top right corner )

Ru14 - Better safe than sorry - Destroy arabian bottom base even though you don´t have to . Before you attack yellow arabian base ( That means refuse all offers (white) arabians make you )

Ru15 - Power play - Make at least 3 alaskium bombs ( yes also condition for medals but i mean what other achievement you want to have here Kill them all!! :D :D )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Languorous_Maiar wrote:
-Kill Xavier (07)

Sorry didnt notice this before - If i recall correctly you cant kill him you can either explain the situation (tell the truth) and he joins you and stays in your base or you lie to him and he scouts arabian base for you and joins you after the mission .
So i dont think there is an option to straight kill him when he lands in your base . You can tell the truth and than lose him while attacking but there is no ´´execution´´ Option

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:41 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Ok, fixed it too.

Quote:
Ru15 - Power play - Make at least 3 alaskium bombs ( yes also condition for medals but i mean what other achievement you want to have here Kill them all!! :D :D )

It isn't needed to create alaskium bomb for medal. Just did last ru mission this morning.
At the start of the mission I just changed every guy to bazooka operator and destroyed by this way 3 bases, getting 2 medals.

First - "Burłak is hero"
Second -"Show of force"
Third - For saving everyone (shown in PL screen), I lost one man during last attack.

Look at that screen:

So I'm too for power play. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:37 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Languorous_Maiar wrote:
Ok, fixed it too.

Quote:

It isn't needed to create alaskium bomb for medal. Just did last ru mission this morning.
At the start of the mission I just changed every guy to bazooka operator and destroyed by this way 3 bases, getting 2 medals.

First - "Burłak is hero"
Second -"Show of force"
Third - For saving everyone (shown in PL screen), I lost one man during last attack.

Look at that screen:

So I'm too for power play. :)

Ah i thought - The Demostration of power - OR in this version transtaleted as - Show Of Force is for alaskium rockets in that case okay the last one doesn´t colide with medals .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:48 pm 
OW Support Owner
OW Support Owner

McBenn wrote:
Hm it would be possible to implement but I'm concerned how to track its progress and well as what the descriptive text should be. I can see the idea of having it as one achievement but the fact that it consists of a lot of small mission-specific achivements results in the concerns mentioned. What do you say, stu?

Should be easy to hard code achievements that are given when you complete other ones. As long as you mark it down as which achievements it requires.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Also, what about oppositive achievement of it. (for last ru mission)

Oldschool - destroy all enemy bases without creating alaskit bomb, at hard without loading.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:50 am 

@ Sociopath
Let's go for it then. We'll make an achievement for each sub-achievement and the "sociopath" achievement is gained if you complete all the sub-achievements.
"Letting Joan die in one of the missions" - Which mission? It shouldn't be 06 since that would cost you a medal. Which mission would make most sense?
"Don't negotiate with Arabs at all (09 and 11)" - You lose a medal if you don't in 09 so I think we'll just stick with Am11.
"Don't save Scholtze (03)" and Dont save Wsjewołod (06) - Again, makes you lose medals.

* Ru01 - Oh , Hi friend
Added.

* Ru02 - Sector clear
Added.

* Ru03 - Efficiency
We will wait for better ideas then :)

* Ru04 - Greedy Commie
Added.

* Ru05 - Brawns Vs Brains - Kill Stevens
We already have "Ru05, kill Hugh Stevens; "Say NO to imperialistic science"".

* Ru06 - Brothers in arms
Added.

* Ru07 - Liar
Added.

* Ru08 - Honorable
Added.

* Ru09 - War over love / Ru09 - UPF
The first one you always attain, don't you? What do you gain from letting the Arabs help you? It's just because it's the opposite of "Ru09, don't negotiate with the Arabians to attacks the Americans [if you have the option]; "No thanks, Herr Gensher"" and having too many of such opposites seems dull.

* Ru10 - Missed us?
I like this one better than the trivial "destroy all". Added.

* Ru11 - Superior technology
We wait for the better ideas.

* Ru12 - Go for the throat
Added.

* Ru13 - Deep Cut
Added.

* Ru14 - Better safe than sorry
Added.

* Ru15 - Power play
We have "Ru15, use the siberite bomb on all 3 other nations; "Mushroom garden"", but the opposite as Languorous_Maiar says would be nice.

Jesus Christ, I'm not gonna get much summer vacation with all those achivements to implement :P

Btw stu, change the description for ACH_MAD to clarify that you have to attack your own men before entering the EON.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:06 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Harder achievement for AM08.
Rush - destroy enemies before their base will be completely built.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-81TP ... 280/zz.jpg (screenshot from hard game)

Overral achievement:
One man army - complete mission as last living man.*

*Not for AM01, AM014

As for Sociopath, I need to think a little but...
Quote:
Again, makes you lose medals.

That was the point of achievement. For roleplaying sociopath you're making your game harder and different from normal "all-medals-walkthrough" and such achievement is the only reward for you. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:02 pm 

* Am08 - Rush
Added.

* One man army
Hm wouldn't it be better to specify one mission where it fits best instead of all except a few?

* Sociopath
I guess some of them are interesting in themselves because of changed game progress. Added.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:21 pm 
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Quote:
* One man army
Hm wouldn't it be better to specify one mission where it fits best instead of all except a few?

My idea was following: if you did few mistakes, all people besides you died but you didn't loaded and finished mission in spite of everything - achievement for that. Not for almost completing the mission, killing all your people and then finishing it, what is kinda gamey.

Making it hidden should solve problem of intensionally going for it, and for players who will have such a situation, it can be nice surprise. :)

And I don't want it for am014, because getting such achievement only for driving a vehice? Huh.

Btw if you dont have image for Cold Feet, it can be one of the following, shot from journal:

Attachments:
02.jpg
02.jpg [ 13.5 KiB | Viewed 2344 times ]
01.jpg
01.jpg [ 11.23 KiB | Viewed 2344 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:40 pm 

A few mistakes? Unless we are talking the first few missions of a campaign you have to screw up quite badly to lose everyone but the main character. But if it should be included it would have to be hidden, yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm 

McBenn wrote:
Btw stu, change the description for ACH_MAD to clarify that you have to attack your own men before entering the EON.

AFAIK the game doesn't allow the player to enter the EON if he attacked his own men, I only remember it allowed in the old Demo.

THE Very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next